Wednesday 17 December 2008

Wednesday 17th December 2008

Part 2 of the live broadcast from WARD 12!

Its 11am, and I have just over 3 hours of saline IV left before I can go home.

Again its not been too bad an experience. Didn't sleep too well due to the endless need to get up for a wee (11 times so far and counting!) but no drama of any kind.

The nurses here are great despite trying to cope when half the ward beds are closed due to the d&v bug (haven't got it yet - fingers crossed), but its also people like the tea lady who help you stay positive - she's so upbeat and jolly. I wish there were more people in the World like her!

I've got a mountain of extra drug supplies, so I'm thinking of starting my own pharmacy - anyone need an anti-nausea pill, or super-strong painkiller for Boxing Day? I don't expect a response from any of you medical types by the way - from previous experience I guess you already have everything you could ever need ;)

I've been reliving my youth at mealtimes here - bourbon biscuits and semolina (nice, but no dollop of jam, sadly) yesterday, proper porridge with milk this morning, and jelly and ice cream for dins - who said hospital food was crap, and this part of my treatment is on the NHS, so we're not even talking private here!

Don't worry, I have been eating savoury too - its just that the puddings have been most memorable!

That's all for now - may post again from home later if I get around to it, but now I need to go for wee #12!

bye for now!

No comments: