Thursday 18 December 2008

Thursday 18th December 2008

Not such a good day so far today. For the first time since the start of the chemo the nausea has reared its head significantly. I've felt a bit sick all day, despite being at the start of the cycle so having all the extra anti-emetics like the Emend and the Dexamethosone. I've even had only my second Ondansetron (optional and powerful anti-emetic) since starting chemo, which has helped a little, but not completely.

So the cycle of "every day a different side-effect" seems to be continuing! Still, as I say, nausea is not an uncommon feeling for me, so I can handle it for a while - hope I get on top of it a bit though as we go through this cycle - I don't fancy being like this for three weeks, even though I know that could be likely.

Spoke to the chemo nurses this morning about my hair, and they think that it will only thin rather than drop out completely, as hair loss is not a major side-effect of my particular chemo drugs, so no fancy wigs required as yet (although I might take a sneaky look all the same!)

Ray and Clare - finally finished the Vienna cake today, so Colin the Caterpillar is about to get his tail chopped off! Thanks again, it was a lovely thought (and an even lovelier cake!)

Looking forward to a brighter day tomorrow - see you then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Col, you are certainly learning all the lingo, a drug rep would be impressed. Real pain having the nausea without at least having the getting pissed bit before hand! Take care. thinking of you. Alan