Tuesday 16 December 2008

Tuesday 16th December 2008

ok, here is your correspondent, making the first post via HP iPAQ handheld live from room 1, ward 12, Huddersfield Royal Infirmary!

I'm nearly done with my first two-hour bag of saline, and to be honest I'm happy as a pig in poo.

I have a nice comfy recliner, an ensuite loo and a BED TABLE! And yes, that's a big deal. Last time, due to lack of available rooms, I was in a treatment room - bog-standard chair, no ensuite and no table, which was a pain!
This time I'm in absolute luxury!

Only bad news is that the hospital in general and the other side of this ward in particular is suffering from the Diarrhea and Vomiting bug which has been on the news the last couple of days, so I've got to try not to catch that one!

The ward Sister just said that if it wasn't for the evidence that I was having chemo, she would think that I was a fraud because I appear so fit and healthy, which was a nice thing to hear (unless she says it to everyone of course!)

First bag just finished, another 2-hour bag just fitted. Started earlier this cycle, which means I get to go home earlier tomorrow, but unfortunately means that I will have a bag change at about 5am in the morning and will be woken up by the now familiar "bing, bing, bong" of the iv machine when it runs out (anyone who's ever been on an iv drip will know what I mean!).

Anyway, enough rambling for today, be sure to check back tomorrow for the next enthralling installment of "live from ward 12" Ha ha!

Now let's see if this posting works! ...

1 comment:

Mrs Jones said...

My one tip if you ever have to spend the night in hospital is EARPLUGS!! Get the squashy foam ones and they work a treat - the bing bongs won't wake you but the yanking on the needle in your arm when they change the bag at that end and/or the catheter when they change the bag at the OTHER end unfortunately will but, hey ho, can't have everything!!