Sunday 28 December 2008

Sunday 28th December 2008

Big day today ....

I'm just about to order my first curry since my diagnosis!

It's the first time I've really felt like one to be honest, and I have been a bit nervous about hot food triggering the ulcers, as it was some tabasco in a sauce which probably set the last lot off (although I already had the sore throat at that point). I figure that I'm far enough out of the "ulcer zone" and haven't had any issues with my mouth at all since a bit of dryness at the start of the week, so its worth the risk.

It's bad enough cutting out nearly all my drinking, but to cut out curry too would just be WRONG.

Wish me luck, I'm going in ...


2 comments:

GavinSimpson said...

Mate - hope you avoided the Vindaloo option last night but I'm sure all will be revealed shortly although spare us the intimates...

All the best for the New Year celebrations this week - you should feel reassured by the fact that most of us will also be experiencing recurrent bouts of nausea and our fair share of giddy moments too!

All the best

Gavin

Anonymous said...

hello lovely..
so happy christmas was good for you and that you are ready to tuck into a good curry.. some things just cannot be given up.i spent my xmas tucking into tajines in morrocan saharan desert and avoiding the christmas madness here altogether.
have a lovely new year
lots of love,
alison