Wednesday 17 December 2008

Wednesday 17th December 2008 - Part 2

Back home now.

Nearly had a disaster in the hospital. They cocked up my lunch order and brought me cheese and biscuits instead of jelly and ice cream!! I had to leap out of bed, stamp my feet and threaten to scweam and scweam until I got my way. It worked, and it was worth it. Lovely!

So some recommendations for you, based on my experience to date:

1. Once in a while, take a bath not a shower. Due to the PICC line in my arm, I have to "bathe in my own dirt" (as the French used to describe the British bathing habit), so that I can keep my arm hanging out the side. However, its a much more relaxing and pleasurable experience than a shower, and I never usually make the time. You should all try it!

2. Retry the food and drink you used to enjoy. I've been re-introduced to semolina, Ovaltine, Jelly and ice cream, bourbon biscuits and traditional porridge with milk (or salt if you are a true Scot - not sugar, mind!) all in the space of 4 days under the NHS - wonderful!

As I say, I'm back home now, with my faithful companion re-attached around my waist until Sunday. I'm feeling ok, a bit woozy like last time, and a mild touch of nausea - nothing serious enough to dive for the Ondansetron yet, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Looks like I got away with the D&V bug (the Norovirus, or Winter Vomiting Bug which has been on the news recently) - hope I'm not speaking too soon though. However, I have noticed I am losing a few hairs in the sink. They don't appear to be dropping out, but if I pull, there are a few that come away - It may not get any worse as I'm only having two cycles, but some of you mickey-takers might get your moment after all! If it all drops out, I'll be looking for a cool wig for the Winter - maybe a set of rastafarian dreadlocks, or a Georgian lime green beehive?

Bye for now! I'm going to do another post about the blog now, but I'll keep that separate ...

No comments: