Friday 12 December 2008

Friday 12th December 2008

F-F-F-F-F-Friday!

Today I have been mostly trying to find out whether my employer will insure me to travel going forward. It seems that the third-party company they employ to provide travel insurance will not cover me for anything related to my now "pre-existing condition".

I was warned about this when it comes to personal travel insurance, but it seems it may be a problem for business travel too. I'm not too worried at this stage although I do have an engagement in Finland in January that I may still be able to cover if this can get sorted. I also want to ensure that I have a job to come back to once the surgery is over, and without adequate travel insurance I won't be able to do my current job, so I want to get it sorted as soon as possible. It's the things you don't expect which seem to be the hassle!

If Clare is reading this, thanks for the luvverly chocolate cake shipped over from Vienna - it's not going to last long, that's for certain!

It's my first evening foray into the outside world for a while tonight. We have a gig with the band in Ashton-under-Lyne (in a Masonic Lodge no less, so watch out for funny handshakes!). I unfortunately had to pull out of one last weekend as my throat was still an issue and I was at my most susceptible time for infection - luckily the gig went ahead with a stand-in, and went very well by all accounts, but I'm looking forward to playing again tonight - it's been a while now.

And remember -
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!

No comments: