Thursday 4 December 2008

Thursday 4th December 2008

Oi! Where's our snow???

Well that's got to be the biggest anti-climax ever! A couple of flakes at 6am and it's done nothing but rain ever since! It seems that everywhere around - Bradford, Huddersfield, the M62 etc - had a nightmare this morning, but we just had rain! Can't help but feel cheated. If there is going to be big snow, then I WANT SOME!

Bit sore in the mouth this morning, but the gels, drugs and potions seem to be starting to work their magic and I'm doing fine at the moment. It certainly does seem to be a bit of a roll-a-coaster ride this chemo experience though. I expected a steady decline over the cycle, but I'm up and down like an up and down thing on a pogo stick!

All things considered, it's been good to me so far though. In my life I've been much more ill in the past than I have felt at any point these last couple of weeks - when laid out for 10 days with flu for example (and I don't mean Manflu either I'll have you know!), and I've certainly experienced periods of greater pain - (trapped nerve in the neck a couple of years ago). Can't say I'd recommend chemo to anyone for fun, but I think Cancer Research has come a long way - maybe not with finding the ultimate cure, but in finding better therapies and better managing the side-effects of existing ones.

Let's just hope that it's actually doing something in there - no point having an easy ride if it isn't actually working of course!

Was just reminded of one of my favourite jokes:

Q. What's the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
A. You can't wash your hands in a buffalo

... always liked that one (tittering to myself like the nutter on the bus)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were on a bus?!?!?! IIIIWWWWWW

Anonymous said...

buffalo .. how apt
;)