Tuesday 2 December 2008

Tuesday 2nd December 2008

Blimey! Winter has come with a bang today! For all of you based in the softie South (or in warmer countries altogether), it's been full on snowing most of the day.

I still have the sore throat, but feel much better today "around the sides" so it's much easier to ignore. In fact, I have had two guys here all day today putting up a fence in my garden in the full-on snow, so hat's off to them - I've got absolutely nothing to moan about! (Fence looks very nice, by the way!)

No other developments of any kind today - just planning to turn the heating up and go NOWHERE for a while.

For those of you who don't know, we live in a cul-de-sac at the bottom of a very steep hill (only way out), so getting snowed in is always a possibility and there are usually a few days a year when we can't easily get out. I guess in an emergency there is a path out the back and we could walk to the main rd if necessary so I'm not concerned, but talk about bad timing for the heaven's to open!

On another note, a few people have been struggling to sign up to the blog. I think it might be to do with pop-up blockers, as the "registration" page is a pop-up. try switching yours off temporarily if you are affected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Colin, Sounds like bliss mate. Locked up in a nice warm house, not having to deal with the ....grr...general...grrr.... public... gibber....sealed off in your own private cul-de-sac..... (heaven)..

Mate, so long as the sore throat stays mild, crank up the heat and tuck into lotsa sleeping, daytime tv and let the good times roll.. which is exactly what I will be doing for the next 4 months since I just did my last shift of A and E and I have a whole 16 weeks of NO nights, weekends and other such horrendous hours.. (and a 3 day week... but don't tell anyone)!!

Perhaps I'll take a leisurely afternoon off and mosy up to sheepshagger central (don't tell the wife I said that)!