Monday 22 December 2008

Monday 22nd December 2008

Been in to have my bottle removed today - it finally managed to dispense the last of the treatment, (nearly two days late) - that should now be it for stuff going up my arm! However, I still have to have the PICC line in there until they decide in mid Jan whether to go ahead with the surgery, just in case they can't go ahead and I have to have more chemo. So baths it is for the forseeable future then! :)

Some evidence of ulcers returning today, which is right on schedule based on the previous cycle. Not uncomfortable yet, just the feeling of a dry mouth prior to full development. I'm already mouthwashing with the Difflam, and having been on the anti-fungals for about three weeks now, I'm still hoping things don't develop too badly like last time. I'll keep you informed, and I have the blender at the ready!

Appointment with the surgeon tomorrow morning. I'm taking a big felt-tip and I'm going to ask him to draw where the scars will be on my stomach and chest so I can get used to the idea - maybe sounds a bit weird, but I just want to understand the likely impact to mobility etc as soon as possible, so I don't wake up from the surgery to a big shock.

Company travel insurance has come back to say that I will be covered for any unexpected stuff. This means that I will have to have a "fit to fly" certificate from my GP before I travel. As I have been used to travelling most weeks, and sometimes more than once a week, this will be fun if I need a certificate for every journey - I'd need my own dedicated Doc to keep writing the notes (Dave, can you give me a signed pad??) I've queried the request and I hope they will clarify that they need a note only monthly, six-monthly or even annually which would be ok. I know this shouldn't really be of concern at this stage, but I do want to ensure that I get all this beaurocracy out the way whilst I'm fit.

Important news today is that I ordered a new 50" plasma telly for delivery on Christmas eve. That's me sorted then!

By the way ... why is there an expiration date on sour cream?

No comments: