Wednesday 21 January 2009

Wednesday 21st January 2009

Just could not get out of bed this morning - no idea why!

Still, I have been to the gym (OMG how hard was that after 2 months off!) and had a shower, so things are reasonably back to normal for a while.

I am conscious however, that if things were completely normal, I would be in Helsinki at the moment where it is 1 degree (as opposed to 2 degrees here) having just presented at a conference. Not sure if I'm glad to be home or missing the travel though ...

Thanks for all the good wishes about the surgery. I was thinking about it a bit last night, and I don't think it is the surgery itself I am worried about, or the scar etc, it's the unknown of what it will feel like to swallow (especially at first) and how life will be with a long thin stomach. Eating and drinking are two of my favourite pleasures, and I am very worried that I won't be able to enjoy meals out so much, or pints of Timothy Taylor's in the pub. I guess whatever it is like, I will eventually get used to it, but it is this stuff which concerns me rather than the physical act of the surgery itself (although I can't say I'm looking forward to that!)

No resolution on the insurance front for the scan on Monday yet - consultant is supposed to be sending a fax to BUPA to say that there are medical reasons why the scan has to be in Bradford, and BUPA have indicated that this should allow them to cover it, but that process hasn't happened yet, so things are dragging on a little.

Went to the dentist today and saw a different lady from usual as my usual dentist is still off on mat leave. Today's dentist was utterley bonkers and insisted on singing "We Built This City" really loud about 2 inches from my face whilst she was poking around! Very friendly and happy though, so go for it I say!

Good luck to President Obama by the way - he's going to need it, but I wish him all the best!

Looking forward to tonight to see if Spurs can, for once, avoid throwing away a 4-1 lead in the second leg of the League Cup semis against Burnley. Surely this one's in the bag ... surely ... (I'd be confident if it was any team but Spurs!) :(

Cheers

No comments: