Monday 19 January 2009

Monday 19th January 2009

Today feels like a step forward for some reason. I've had the PICC line taken out (didn't feel a thing and no dramatic spurting of blood or anything exciting like that), and my arm already feels somewhat different without the ever-present dressing.

I will leave it until tomorrow to have my first shower, but it definitely feels like I've put the chemo behind me now, and can focus on the surgery.

Saw my oncologist briefly whilst I was in the hospital and she seems upbeat and confident that the scan next week is just a formality and will be normal. Thereafter she expects me to have a further meeting with the surgeon, then it will be all go for the slicing and dicing :)

Happy days ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi back on line! Great news the line is out. Good luck on next bit. Alan