Sunday 18 January 2009

Sunday 18th January 2009

Stifado was lovely, as was the ridiculous quantity of wine that we washed it down with. Today has been somewhat "creaky". Here's some things to fit in with today's mood ...

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on" - Dean Martin

"Alcohol isn't habit forming. I should know - I've been drinking it for years!" - Tallulah Bankhead

"Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself , undisturbed by the facts" - Finley Peter Dunne

Extreme hangover cure - does sometimes help!

Prairie Oyster
1 shot Brandy

1 tsp tomato ketchup
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 pinch Cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp Vinegar
1 Egg yolk (don't break it)

Mix all ingredients together, then drop in the whole egg yolk without breaking it. Drink down in one. Lovely!

Seems I have my taste for alcohol back. Now I've got to work on losing it again so that I can get a bit fitter for the op!

1 comment:

GavinSimpson said...

Have made a mental note of the Oyster for future reference, Mate - the next Mercury reunion maybe!!