Tuesday 6 January 2009

Tuesday 6th January 2009

Twelfth Night! Get those decorations down!

House seems very bare at the moment as it always does when the deco's come down!

In for my CT scan at 8.30 in the morning. Have to starve myself beforehand which is a pain, then I have to drink a litre of Pernod-flavoured stuff before I go in. Worst part of it is not getting breakfast until lunchtime. I do like my breakfast I do! Best part is the dye they inject which gives the warm feeling. Considering it's been about -5 degrees today, that will be most welcome.

Not much else today, so I'll leave you with some culture - some assorted quotes from Shakespeare's Twelfth Night to fit the occasion ...

If music be the food of love, play on;
Give me excess of it, that, surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die.
That strain again! it had a dying fall:
O, it came o'er my ear like the sweet sound
That breathes upon a bank of violets,
Stealing and giving odour!
Twelfth Night, 1. 1

Dost thou think, because thou art virtuous, there shall be no more cakes and ale?
Twelfth Night, 2. 3

I am a great eater of beef, and I believe that does harm to my wit.
Twelfth Night, 1. 3

Many a good hanging prevents a bad marriage.
Twelfth Night, 1. 5

But be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
Twelfth Night, 2. 5

Leave thy vain bibble-babble.
Twelfth Night, 4. 2

1 comment:

GavinSimpson said...

Colin - thinking of you today mate, I know must be a tough time waiting. Loved your 12th Night bits below. Was the one play we did in detail at school that stayed with me. I got to play Malvolio though, so endured endless p*ss taking for a while. I remember one of the insults used which stuck with us for a while "go boil your ears!". Might dig that out on one of my calls with the US later! All the best, Buddy - Gavin