Sunday 4 January 2009

Sunday 4th January 2009

Wow! 5 comments and several emails! Seems like my shoes have sparked a reaction ...

Just for those who are wondering - here they are ...















A thing (or pair of things ...) of beauty I'm sure you'll agree!

Well, tomorrow is the last day of my second chemo cycle. Quick visit to the Macmillan Unit at Halifax hospital for INR blood check
tomorrow afternoon (establishes what dose of Warfarin I need to be on for the week ahead), then I should be done with the chemo for now.

I was asked why I am on Warfarin and I can't remember if I mentioned it an any of my posts - it's basically because of the PICC line in my arm. There is a danger of clots around the end of the tube near my heart, so they need to manage that. I am assuming that when they take the line out I will stop taking it, but it's no big deal.

Actually, none of the drugs I'm on taste particularly bad, nor are any of them particularly large or awkward to swallow, although the blister pack that the Emend anti-emetic that I was taking at the start of each cycle is comedy-sized (that's a pound coin in the photo) - I don't know if they do it deliberatly, but when I saw it, my immediate thought was "bloody hell, which hole is THAT going in then!" :)

However, as soon as you pop the blister, the pill is tiny - I bet it is done as a joke by the drug company just to wind you up!


Anyway - enough rambling. Boinngg ... time for bed (Sorry - obscure Magic Roundabout reference for those over 40 - Dave, remember that that means you too!)

No comments: