Thursday 8 January 2009

Thursday 8th January 2009

Nothing exciting to report at the moment, so today's blog is devoted to the wonderful art-form that is the limerick ...

There was a young girl from Rabat,
who had triplets, Nat, Pat and Tat;
It was fun in the breeding,
But hell in the feeding,
When she found she had no tit for Tat.

A limerick fan from Australia
regarded his work as a failure:
his verses were fine
until the fourth line

?

A macho young swimmer named Dwyer,
Really liked playing with fire.
One night in the dark
He swam with a shark,
And his voice is now two octaves higher.

There was a young lady named Kite
Whose speed was much faster than light.
She left home one day
In a relative way
And returned on the previous night.

I once took our vicar to tea;
It was just as I thought it would be:
His rumblings abdominal
Were simply phenomenal,
And everyone thought it was me.

A young schizophrenic named Struther,
Who learned of the death of his Brother,
Said, "I know that its bad,
But I don't feel too sad.
After all, I still have each other.

There was an old gent from Hyde
Who ate rotten apples and died.
The apples fermented
Inside the lamented
And made cider inside his inside.

There was a young man of Japan
Whose limericks never would scan.
When they asked him, Why?
He said, with a sigh,
"It's because I always try to get as many words into the last line as I possibly can".

There was a young man from Dundee
Who was stung on the arm by a wasp
When asked "does it hurt"
He said "no it doesn't"
"I'm so glad it wasn't a hornet"!

There was a young girl from Nantucket

I think I'll stop there! :)





3 comments:

jbee68 said...

Brilliant, the first is my fav.

Anonymous said...

There was a young girl from Devizes ...

Anonymous said...

There was a young man from Limerick
....me!

Good luck with the tests Col,
Ray