Saturday 24 January 2009

Saturday 24th January 2009

To everyone who left me a comment yesterday offering to help with the cost of the scan ...

Folks, your generosity knows no bounds, and I am most grateful and genuinely touched!

It's not the actual cost that bothers me though (Vanda reminded me last night that I spent more than that on a telly not too many weeks ago - fair point, well made!) It's the principle that is so irritating. It's like getting ripped off - it's not the loss of cash that gets you angry its the sense of indignation!

I'm quite a letter writer - I get a bee in my bonnet about things and sometimes pursue them to the bitter end even if it is a relatively small matter (it took me three separate letters to get out of a parking fine in Harrogate, but I wasn't going to let them get the better of me)! I think I will bring this into play this time.

I plan to check with my consultant on Monday morning whether this really is a big deal or not, and if it is, I will cough up for the scan in Bradford, then retrospectively give BUPA hell!

Once again though, I can't say how much your offers mean to me - thanks again!

Also thanks to quite a few folks who have contacted me by various means recently to say that they are following the blog on a regular basis - I wasn't sure if the novelty was wearing off a bit now, but I will definitely keep it up (except for maybe a day or two when I'm in intensive care, but we'll see ;)!

Off to the gig at Wigan Rugby Club now (unfortunately the rugby Union club, not the rugby League club - somewhat less salubrious I imagine!)

Cheers all!

3 comments:

Tim Bisley said...

Wigan - keep away from the pies - lol....

Colin Robb said...

Actually it was Widnes in the end, but same difference! :)

BJ said...

Hi Colin,

Anita called me last night to tell me of your news and about your blog. We haven't met for ten years, so we're a bit out of touch!
It would be great if you would email me directly - collaroy.hilton@bigpond.com
Love, Brad (Braddon) Jones