Monday 5 January 2009

Monday 5th January 2009

Hi all,

As you can probably see, I spent some time last night messing around with the blog colours whilst trying to do something else. Hope it's ok.

Bloods all ok today - no change on the Warfarin front. Will be stopping taking nearly all tablets in a day or so now that my second cycle is over - just the Omeprazole and Warfarin.

First day back at work today and it's good to have some focus for the next month or so until the next stage of treatment. I'm kind of going to miss the travelling, but also relieved to be staying at home - it's always the same, I love travelling around, but hate it at the same time! I can get much more done whilst at home, but I do miss getting out and about, especially to new places.

I don't know if anyone saw the programme the other night with Joanna Lumley travelling to the north of Norway to see the Northern Lights. It reminded me of the time a few years back when we took some customers up to Levi in the north of Finland (inside the Arctic Circle) for a few days. We saw the Lights briefly - only a single stripe of green across the sky, nothing as spectacular as Joanna saw during the programme - but it was still one of the most amazing things I have ever seen in my life, and I'd love to go back there again some day.

By the way, do you think the tax man will let me off doing my tax return this year because I'm ill?

No, I don't think so either :(

Laters (as they say in these 'ere parts)

C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Col,
Well you certainly know how to shock us on Christmas Eve! What a brilliant idea to use the blog to keep us upto date.
Glad things are going to plan at the moment - curries, late nights!
Take care
H