Friday 9 January 2009

Friday 9th January 2009

So you liked the limericks then!

Still not much to report today. I'm down to the absolute minimum on the drugs front now. morning is one Lansoprazole (replacement for the Omeprazole which ran out, but basically the same drug - a Proton Pump Inhibitor to stop the production of excess stomach acid), 6pm is 2 x 3mg Warfarin and that's it at the moment.

I've stopped all the chemo side-effect drugs now and hopefully won't see any reaction to that.

I've put on weight over Christmas due to scoffing too much bad food and not doing any exercise (hands up anyone else in the same boat!). No bad thing as I will certainly lose weight during the surgery recovery process. However, and I don't believe I'm going to say this ... I'm missing doing a bit of exercise.

I've not being going to the gym or doing anything to build up a sweat because of the dressing on my arm - I don't want to sweat underneath it and risk infecting the PICC line at all. Hopefully it is due off next week and I'll be able to go back to the gym for a bit before the surgery - the fitter I am the better.

The band has a gig tonight and it's likely to be the last I do with them for quite a few months which will be a shame - hope its a good one.

That's it for today - all the best to Nick, laid up in hospital after surgery on both knees, hope you get back to normal soon!

Cheers all!

1 comment:

jbee68 said...

Colin, I too am missing exercise due to my keyhole knee op in December. Apparently it may have something to do with what is called an endorphin rush...according to a pal's wife who's a gym instructor. Take a look http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endorphin