Monday 26 January 2009

Monday 26th January 2009

So it was Plan B.

BUPA declined the Bradford scan outright, so I've spent the afternoon/evening at the Yorkshire Clinic in Bingley.

I've had an MRI before on my neck, and that took 10 minutes. This time I had to wait an hour, then was in the scanner for nearly an hour an a half for the first process. I then had the second contrast injected and had another half an hour wait whilst that got through to the liver, followed by another 30 minutes in the scanner! Quite a long process, and no food since 10am!!

The radiographer has now zoomed off to Bradford again to compare the scan with my original CT scans and will talk to the surgeon tomorrow. It all comes up again at the Wednesday MDT meeting, and I should finally get the go/no-go decision then.

One bit of good news - they don't charge separately for the various scans, so the fact that I had 2 sessions and two hours on the scanner would be the same cost as a simple 10 minute scan (around £550 or so). I might have to pay extra for the contrast, but if I do have to have another scan in Bradford, it will be significantly cheaper than I anticipated. I don't think its going to come to that though - the radiographer didn't say anything one way or another, but didn't appear concerned about the quality of the scan.

Off to London on the train tomorrow for a work event on Wednesday, which will be my first time away from home since October I think. Will be a nice break!

Cheers all.

1 comment:

jbee68 said...

Progress!
If you're still in the smoke Wednesday I'll be in Wood Street, maybe we could have a brew.