Thursday 22 January 2009

Thursday 22nd January 2009

Big, scary news this morning.

My surgery has been brought forward to fit in with my surgeon's holiday plans, so it will now be on Monday 9th February (I will go into hospital on Sunday 8th)

I originally had a free week that week to get my head ready, but now I have things on until the Thursday before so it's all a bit imminent for my liking. Doesn't give me much time to get my affairs in order, and even less time to get vaguely fit again.

All in all, not the news I wanted, but I suppose you can't postpone the inevitable for ever.

To add to my mood, football was terrible last night. Somehow Spurs scraped through, but did not deserve it. By the end I wanted Burnley to win. The way we are playing at the moment we will get thrashed in the final, but at least Burnley would have enjoyed the occasion win or lose, whereas I don't think we deserve to be there. I couldn't imagine how we could throw away a 4-1 lead, but we did (at odds of 100-1 against, according to the bookies). A couple of goals in the last three minutes of extra time allowed us to claw it back, but it was a shameful display, and I'm not proud to be a Spurs fan this morning :(

Need something to cheer me up today ...

1 comment:

scotch said...

"need something to cheer me up this morning".
Well it's this evening but here you go.

You can't wash your hands in a Buffalo.

Tadah!

Sorry I haven't written before mate. I wish that would mean I have a great, considered, lucid pile of stuff to say but turns out I don't.

This sucks.
I'm really glad you're playing (BTW I've got my eye on that mad furry bass strap) ;-)

It's tremendous that you're doing this blog. I'll be checking in as often as I can.

I love you man, all the best

s