Wednesday 11 February 2009

Wednesday 11th February 2009

Hi folks, it's Colin! back to blog with only 2 days interruption (would have only been one if I was allowed a phone in ICU!) - thanks to Vanda for stepping in and keeping everyone updated.

As you have hopefully gathered I am doing very well, with good recovery so far and very little pain. I have been out of bed today, standing up and sitting in a chair for several hours. Physios, surgeons, ICU staff and anaesthatist are all very happy with my progress, as am I. Surgery went very well and I can't believe my wounds are exposed and not heavily dressed.

I am being hydrated via IV and fed something called "Jevity" through a tube into my intestine - so far have not experienced any hunger.

I have just moved to an interim ward today, but will be back at the York Suite tomorrow hopefully. surgeon wanted me to go straight there today as I was doing so well, but unfortunately some beurocracy got in the way. Never mind!

I will be up for visitors as soon as I make it to the York Suite. please drop me an email or a text if you want to come in so I can make sure there are no clashes.

On that note, I have unfortunately had to turn on monitoring of comments on this blog - I am not one for censorship, but there have been a couple of inappropriate comments posted, not related to the subject of the blog at all, and designed to cause upset - unbelieveable that someone would choose such a medium to assert their own mistaken agenda. hopefully the relevant posts have been removed before causing any widespread harm, but unfortunately this means that I now have to moderate all comments and this might mean a delay.

I will hopefully be able to post some more stuff tomorrow, but I hink it's time for a couple of Morphine shots (for the pain of course! ;)

Cheers, and glad to be back on this side of the anaestetic!

Col xx

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colin, Fantastic news that you are doing well. I am so pleased to hear you are up already. Would love to come and see you soon. How long will you be staying in hospital for ? Alistair.

karen bolter said...

Hi Colin, it's taken me about 2 weeks to work out how to sign up to this blog. Really glad to hear that you are doing okay. Keep well, Karen x

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin,

We are really pleased to hear that you are doing so well and amazed that you are already back online writing your blog. We'll come and visit you soon, we can fit in around all your other visitors, being so close. Take care & don't overdo things.

Christine & Keith x x

Anonymous said...

Hi Col

BLimey up out of bed already !!
Andrew MArshall, Stephen Johnson and gary Wilson all send their best wishes to you and me of course .
Well done you Adele xxx

Melanie S said...

Hi Colin Number 1,

So pleased to hear you are through the operation and feeling good. You take it easy and keep up the good work.
Bye for now
Melanie xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin, Glad to hear all is going well, its great that your up and about already, and playing with all your gadgets!! Keep up the speedy recovery. Thinking of you lots, Love Kate, Daz, Dylan, Dominic, and Grace x x