Friday 6 February 2009

Friday 6th February 2009

Firstly, a few people have asked for the details of the hospital. I will probably be in intensive care/high dependency etc for a couple of days, but after that I will be back on the ward at

The York Suite
Bradford Hospitals NHS Trust
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Duckworth Lane
Bradford
West Yorkshire
England
BD9 6RJ
Telephone +44 (0) 1274 364668


I'm due to be in hospital for 12 days (the standard for this procedure), but this may be extended if necessary

I will get back to the blog as soon as I can to let people know when I'm up for visits, but in the meantime Vanda will hopefully be able to post a couple of messages to let you know progress.

I heard this morning that I now have to go without solid food all day Sunday (fluids only) which is a nightmare! Even a few hours without food affects me badly, but all day Sunday, all night and then Monday morning too (surgery will be around 10.30am apparently) - I'm going to be chewing my fingers off!

Cheers x

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck Col, hopefully after Monday things will be on the up again for you
ray

Anonymous said...

Hi Col
Sorry haven't left any messages recently but been reading blog. All the best for Monday - thinking of you and Vanda. Enjoy your meal tonight!
Helen C

Anonymous said...

Hey up, Kate (Twigg) here, just to let you know that I'm a regular reader and thinking of you much. You're a trouper Col, lots of snogs to yer (sorry Vanda). And yes, love the theme to Banana Splits. x x x

Anonymous said...

Na Na Naaa
Na-Na Na Naaa

One banana, two banana, three ...

A whole Sunday without food!
Tis wrong! But if it means it's going to work, then what the hell.

We're thinking of you mate.

Unknown said...

All the best mate and good luck. We will be thinking of you. Al & Em.

Paul Downing said...

Excellent choice of music as always Col! Happily the Banana Splits have returned to the screen in the US! http://www.bananasplits.com/
Ah, the memories...
All the best for tomorrow mate, we're thinking of you
Paul & Karen