Monday 23 February 2009

Monday 23rd February 2009

Good Evening!

Sadly, I am still in hospital tonight, but I am definitely out in the morning.

They were waiting for the surgeon to come and check me over, but he's been in theatre all day and didn't get a chance.

However, I have had my staples out (63 in the end) - 5 or 6 of them were extremely painful, but mostly they were ok. The wound feels a little better so far - less "restrained" if that makes sense.

No liquid feed for the first time tonight. This might make me more hungry in the morning, but I hope it will also settle my innards down a little if you know what I mean. I will be going home with the feeding tube still attached "just in case" I'm not able to get enough food down in the next week or so. They'll take it out when I go in for my outpatients visit (not quite sure when that will be yet).

I weighed myself tonight and I've lost 2kg since I came in two weeks ago, which is not actually a lot considering, and I've got plenty more to shed before I need to worry at all - we'll see what the next couple of weeks brings, as I hopefully tuck into endless Monster Munch, custard and cake!

Anyway, see you tomorrow, this time hopefully from home!

Cheers

Colin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mate,

Glad to hear everything is going well and you're soon out! I'm over in the Carribean now (soaking up the sun) so it's a little harder to check up on your progress. Take it easy at home!

Dave

Anonymous said...

Staple removal sounds gruesome! But really pleased to hear you're well enough to head home. You'll have to post to the blog your favourite bits about being home (but keep it clean please!). All the best Colin, Dai H.

Anonymous said...

good luck when you get home ...bet you'll miss all the nurses!! lots of love Al