Friday 20 February 2009

Friday 20th February 2009

Evenin' All!

Better day on the pain front. I've actually had less pain killers today but have been in less general pain.

I've been getting good exercise with my morning wash, my laps of the unit and my stairs, not to mention rather too frequent sprints to the toilet.

Hopefully, this will start to reduce as they have now cut down my liquid food by half (which is causing the problem) as I am starting to eat more (I've had mashed weetabix, soup, ice cream and custard today, as well as a supplement in the form of a fortified milkshake. This will mean that my time on the feed is reduced from 16 hours to 12 (at a reduced dose rate too), giving me 12 full hours of freedom from any wires during the day - very welcome indeed.

Disappointingly, the dietician has been today and told me that my dream diet (as outlined a day or so ago) will only be temporary (boo) and I'll be moved onto a more healthy diet after a few weeks - I knew it was too good to be true! Still, I will make the most of it while I can.

Surgeon has been again today and is still really pleased with progress so I'm still hoping to get home on Monday which will be nice, although it's a pleasant environment here so I'm not climbing the walls yet.

Not a particularly eventful day today, so I'll sign off there and see you tomorrow,

Cheers

Colin x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Helloooo Colin! You are being a perfect patient it sounds like. Your dedication to this blog is admired by many.

Hey, we did something new the other day and planted our first vegetable garden! We should have something ready to harvest by late April through late May. Florida gardening begins much earlier, obviously. We'll keep you posted.

Barb