Tuesday 3 February 2009

Tuesday 3rd February 2009

So it appears that most of you Southerners aren't too impressed with my snow then!

I guess it finally dispels the myth that "It's grim Up North", because the South has had much worse weather it seems than we have.

However, Andy T's claims of 12" I'm not sure I believe - but even if it's true, I still think 4" is more than enough for any man, and it's not what you've got anyway, it's what you do with it, and I've been scraping mine with a shovel (oo-er missus :)

Things are still moving on gradually for D-Day (that's "disembowelment-day" by the way!) - I have to go into the hospital on Thursday afternoon for a "pre-assessment" - basically more blood tests to make sure I'm in good shape for the anaesthetic (this blog system is obviously American as it's trying to complain about my spelling there, but it's wrong, I have spelled it correctly thank-you! ...) - then it will be a case of being admitted on Sunday afternoon ready for first-thing Monday.

That's all for today - happy snow-clearing (unless you are in sunnier climes of course, in which case we all hate you! :)

C x

4 comments:

Mrs Jones said...

If you get the chance to go to the shops before going into hospital proper (not just the pre-op stuff) then, as I mentioned before, get yourself some earplugs, the squashy spongey ones. It is the only guaranteed way that you'll get a decent night sleep - hospitals are damn noisy places. Even if you don't use them, it's a good idea to have some to hand.

Anonymous said...

Sure it was 12", even risked frostbite to measure it;-)

Anonymous said...

Agree on the ear plugs - I speak from experience - and don't think just cos you are in a private room its quiet - I swear those nurses on the night shift have extra loud clogs made specially so they can stomp up and down outside your room..and talk very loudly about all the emergency admissions coming in...
Clare
And final tip - don't watch crap morning TV to pas the time before they "take you down" its full of cooking programs which is a bugger when you're nil by mouth

GavinSimpson said...

Ear plugs a fine idea - or alternatively, you could stick your iPod on and listen to the latest BTO Blueprint pitch from Neil Miles - surgery will feel like a blessing after that, mate ;-)