Saturday 21 February 2009

Saturday 21st February 2009

Another slow day today - no change in diet and the options are a bit dull to be honest, still the cut down in liquid food seems to have got the toilet visits under control, so it's definitely been a less stressful day.

I'm slightly worried that my interest in food has declined a little - I've been watching quite a few cooking programmes and not been interested at all in the food. I hope that will change as my eating gets back to normal, as good food and eating out has always been a pleasure.

No visits from Docs today, so no more updates. Hopefully I should get some news tomorrow. However, it looks like the pain is steadily improving. All I've had today has been three doses of paracetamol. I will have a dose of CoCodamol before bed (Paracetamol & Codeine), but that is definitely the least I have had since the operation.

Nearly time to go back on my feed (its like a curfew!!), so I'll see you later,

Colin

4 comments:

Mrs Jones said...

Hey Col, just found this on the web, dunno if you've seen it or not:

http://www.opa.org.uk/after.htm

Anonymous said...

hi col,
am attempting to leave a comment ...its great to hear things are going well and discharge is imminent...though i bet its not been too bad ...lots of young nurses tending to your every need.. i'm sure a man could get used to that!!
lots of love Al xx

Anonymous said...

Hey Col, just hadda look at the website Mrs Jones has put on her message, and one of the first things I read was that to stimulate your appetite (as you mentioned not being that interested in food yesterday) you should have a drink of beer! Excellent advice, just tell your lil ol nurses that's what you need.....Luv KT

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin, we're so glad everything is going well. Shame you can't eat at the mo, will think of you whilst tucking into a big Sunday roast ;0) looking forward to seeing the photos! Take care and keep writing the blog - it's a great way for us to keep up to date with what's happening with you.
Lots of love Annie and David xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx