Sunday 8 February 2009

Sunday 8th February 2009 - part 2

I never fail to be amazed by how unusable Internet Explorer is on Windows Mobile (browser on my PDA) especially when you see how the iPhone works! Managed to get here in the end though!

So I'm in my hospital room now ("Suite 1" I'll have you know!), and the first thing I have to do is dispel the rumours about the fruit. Yes Kate, most of it is plastic (not posh wood though, H), and I do have to admit that the bits that aren't (banana and oranges in case you are interested) are obviously Vanda's!

I've had my first enema, which wasn't as bad as I expected, and did the required job quickly and cleanly. Next one is due at 8pm.

Good news is that I do get a small meal after all (soup and jelly apparently) later this evening. Will be most welcome, as I'm seriously hungry at the moment!

Otherwise, all seems to be in order for tomorrow. We do have a snow warning, but hopefully it won't hit us here too hard - I'd hate to have the surgery postponed at this late date!

On a more serious note, I am conscious that there is a small risk involved in what I will be going through tomorrow. I'm not dwelling on it, and am fully expecting to wake up ok tomorrow, but it is important to recognise the risk.

I have of course considered the unthinkable a bit since I was originally diagnosed, and reflected on my life should the worst happen. However, I'm actually pretty happy with the situation so far - I have no regrets, and no ambitions that I would be disappointed to see unrealised. Of course there is still stuff I would like to do, but nothing that would see me unfulfilled. I've had a life full of great friends and personal opportunities and have had a hugely wide range of experiences over the years.

In no way am I trying to be morbid by the way, I just want to ensure that you know that I've thought about it and I'm happy with where I am at this point in time.

All that said, I am looking forward to many more good times to come over many more years, and I am especially looking forward to seeing you all again and showing off my manly scars! :)

Must go now, my Oesophagus's last meal has just arrived!

All my love,

Colin xxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey hun....hope it's not too bad in there...just want to say that I've been thinking about you all day today and will do tomorrow too. I would really like to come and make sure that they are looking after you while you are in the ozzy...is that cool with you? I'm down South tomorrow and Tuesday but I will be sending you lots of hugs and the like electronically.
Love you very much Mr R.
Ali.xxxxxxxx

Kath said...

Been following your blog for a while now. Believe your are a celebrated athiest,so there's not much point in sending you my prayers for tomorrow,but you have them anyway!!!! I'm sure all will go well.

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin, just a short note to say we are thinking of you and look forward to you coming through this soon and getting on with those things you want to do. Ali also at the quacks tomorrow with true team spirit as there is a highly suspicious skin "c" thing going on with her ear so may have to do a van gogh impression! Maybe she will start painting! Take care
Alan & Ali

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin
hope everything went ok today best wishes
Peter

Anonymous said...

Hi Col
Hope you are feeling reasonably comfortable and hope its all been successful.
love Adele x