Sunday 22 February 2009

Sunday 22nd February 2009

Hi All,

Feeling much more perky today, although a little more painful than yesterday.

Surgeon came in this morning and confirmed that I will be going home tomorrow - excellent news! It's going to be quite a change though - tomorrow they take out my staples in the big wound, plus they stop the liquid feed after tonight, so I've got those changes to get used to. Also, I am still on the sloppy food diet today, so it will be down to me at home to work out as and when to introduce more substantial food - I had expected to have advanced to that stage already - I guess it's just a case of experimenting though.

Thanks Kaz for the link to the oesophagectomy pamphlet. Some useful information in there - especially the tip about the beer, as Kate pointed out! :)

Sitting on my bed, watching Minder (the original), but I must go and do my stair exercises shortly - hopefully tomorrow's installment will be from a real computer, so I can post some pics. See you then!

Colin

2 comments:

Mrs Jones said...

Be warned that your level of tiredness when you get home will astonish you. I cannot emphasise enough how different you will feel at home. When you're in hospital recovering you kind of get lulled into a false sense of how well you're doing (which you are, make no mistake about that) but something weird happens when you get home. Everything that would ordinarily take no effort at all (taking the rubbish out, doing the cooking, sorting out the washing) now feels as hard as climbing Everest with no oxygen. So, really, don't overdo it and rest as much as you can - you'll need it!

Anonymous said...

So when are we going to see the shark bite??