Saturday 7 February 2009

Saturday 7th February 2009

Have just been out for a curry at the World's best Indian restaurant - Akbar's in Bradford - for my final full meal for a long time. Unfortunately I got hit by all my swallowing problems and could only manage half of it, but it was very nice indeed as usual.

Just got home and will be trying to squeeze a few more snacks in before the midnight deadline.

I have been suffering from my swallowing problems a little bit more frequently and severely over the last week or so. I'm hoping it is nothing to worry about, but it's a bit late to do anything about it now, let's just get inside and see what the situation is. At least it reassures me that there is a point to me going through all the grief of surgery, as it can really get uncomfortable sometimes.

Will try and write a bit more once I get to the hospital tomorrow - it might help me take my mind off my starvation! :)

Thanks for all the great comments and calls etc - I will have my phone/pda with me throughout so can still send and receive texts, calls and emails and will be able to check the blog for comments etc once I've come around a bit.

Bye!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... enjoy stuffing your face tonight mate.

We will all be thinking about this week and wishing you all the best.

Looking forward to seeing you next weekend when you're back to the ward / private suite....with all those nurses at your beck and call!!! (although if it's anything like my experience... they'll be sat at the nursing station eating chocolate and reading NOW magazine....)

Oooo May have gone a bit far there....apologies to the nurses on here....just kidding...

Dave (and kisses from Caz xx)

Anonymous said...

By the way, did you hear Akbars in Manchester (I'm pretty sure it's the same chain), got shut down for using a load of illegal labour?!?!?

Dave

Anonymous said...

Bloody hell, you've just reminded me bout going the Plaza in Manchester all those years ago...with Jeremy J George etc...shit...well, not shit, brilliant actually...x

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that comment was from Kate T ... but you may've guessed that x

Mrs Jones said...

Good luck for today and the next fortnight. I'll have a word with the Flying Spaghetti Monster in the hope that he'll look over you with his noodley goodness. Please let us know how you're doing when you can.

Oh, and another tip - I expect your hospital will have those fabulous electric beds that you can raise and lower by yourself with a handset but if they don't then get yourself (or ask Vanda to bring in) some bendy straws so that you don't have to raise your head to drink. Obviously this is when you're allowed to use your new bionic throat again and all the tubes are out....

And grab the morphine pump with both hands if they offer it - no-one ever got brownie points for being a martyr and putting up with unnecessary pain...

Good luck, mush. Thinking of you.

GavinSimpson said...

Colin - will be thinking of you this week, mate. I suggest you take a copy of the curry menu in with you to serve as additional motivation in the recovery phase - a good Bhuna or Jalfrezi will sure beat jelly and ice cream! Stay positive as you have throughout this journey. Look forward to hearing more news when you're able.

scotch said...

Was Akbar's the one you took me to in Bradford? Had my first lassi there I think.
Good luck mate.