Tuesday 3 March 2009

Tuesday 3rd March 2009

I'm still feeling very drained, but I've been mentally much more positive today.

I ventured outside the house this afternoon for only the second time since I came home (other time was just into the garden to speak to the guy doing the work on the garden extension) - I had an appointment with the nurse at the GP surgery to check my bullet holes. She said both the chest drain hole and the feeding tube hole had healed well, and took off the last dressing that I had, so I am now not only tube free, but dressing free as well!

She did say that she thought I looked "washed out" which was a confirmation of the way I feel. However, since getting up at 11am (about my usual time at the moment) I have not needed to go back to bed at all today (aside from a 30 minute snooze on the sofa!) which is an improvement over the last couple of days.

Shepherd's Pie was lovely and I have another 4 portions left after last night and tonight, and it has been going down well, so that's some reasonably solid food at last. Diarrhea yesterday was limited to only one bout, and now I am on the medication I haven't yet been to the loo today, so even if I have a visit later, that is still a definite improvement (sorry to go on about this part of my recovery so much, but it is the most significant factor at the moment, so forgive me!)

Changing the subject a little, some of you may have noticed that I added a counter to the website back at the beginning of January (at the bottom of the page). I initially did it just to make sure that there were a few people still interested (I am very grateful that there are - nearly 50 a day on average!) However, the counter functionality allows me to get a bit more information about who it is who is visiting (don't worry, I can't see who you are, just the location of the ISP that you use - i.e. usually the town and country that you access the blog from, and sometimes not even that).

I do see quite a few places that I know correlate with a particular person or people (Allentown PA USA, Dublin Ireland, West Palm Beach FLA USA, Brighton Sussex, Macclesfield Cheshire, Cupertino CA USA, Sydney Australia for examples), but there are also quite a few that I don't know and are quite surprising, for example Ontario Canada and Pretoria South Africa - I don't think I know anyone specifically in those locations (apologies if I'm wrong!).

It is fascinating to see how global this has reached though - I've had hits from all over the USA, Europe and occasional hits from other parts of the world too - let me know if you're clocking in from somewhere exotic so I can be jealous in this drizzly time of year!

Anyway, time for Shameless, so I'll sign off now

See you tomorrow!

C

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colin,

Badgers are found in the strangest of places! Will be missing you tomorrow at the London SIG especially as I was hoping that the original scheduling of the event would have been an excellent opportunity for a pre-op booze-up but happy to wait for your return to work now that you are such a cheap date in these times of "organisational efficiencies".

Proud to be counted as one of your daily hits!

Andy T

Anonymous said...

Col, good to hear your news and our thoughts from Southampton are with you as ever. Shame about the footie on the weekend for you but as a Saints fan, anything Redknap gets beat at is good by us.

Glad you're into Shameless, it's got to be the best thing on telly at the moment. Half expect to see Pass turn up in one episode ;-)

Ollie

Anonymous said...

Hi Col

Caught up with Andy T at the HP event today and you were the main topic of discussion. Just caught up on a weeks worth of your diary so sorry to hear your convalescence has not been the best. Enjoy those other portions of Shepherd's pie !!
Adele xx

Colin Robb said...

Hey ex-Mercury folks, always good to hear from you! Shame I couldn't be at the HP SIG event today - the first one I have missed in 11 years! :( I hope it went well, and I trust that the traditional "after-SIG" celebrations were of the usual standard?!