Friday 20 March 2009

Friday 20th March 2009

Glorious sunny day today. I spent a long time roasting in the conservatory, and even had to open the windows to cool down. Makes such a difference!

Had a good day on the eating front today which also helps to boost the mood, and finally, to put the icing on the cake, I've just bought another new bass guitar (that's about seven or eight now I think!).

Not just any bass though - Fred bought this gorgeous white Rickenbacker back in about 1984 if I remember, and I have coveted it ever since. I finally found a decent excuse to make an offer, and luckily Fred was in the mood to sell (thanks Fred!) There are not many things I've waited 25 years for - let's just hope it survives the courier trip up north now!

On the cancer front, the more we find out via various contacts, the more rare and interesting it seems my case is. The downside is that there is no huge "body of knowledge" in this area, but the upside is that I am likely to attract interest in the oncology community, which will hopefully lead to plenty of expertise on my case - I'm genuinely intrigued to find out more now - not just for my health, but for my natural curiosity too! Maybe someone will write a nice book about me (or at least an oncology journal article! :)

Anyway, will stop there and make sure I remember to press "Publish" this time!

See you tomorrow!

Col x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sound in much better spirits, having tested a stair lift (pure curiosity mind) at a friends place (they inherited the house), boy are they slow. There was me thinking I would fly up/down like a 10 pin bowling ball - no such luck.
Last bass you bought was collected from WGC via ebay wasn't it? Some rarity?
Apologies for the jabber/oc message earlier, a case of Ready? FIRE! Aim, right msg wrong recipient.
Enjoy the weekend and 2 days away from Loose Women!
TTFN jb

scotch said...

I know that white Riki! I remember it serving its time in Holy Durex for a bit. It'll be set off nicely with the furry strap. Enjoy it man.

Colin Robb said...

Ah, Holy Durex!, sweet memories. Have you seen the pics of the Guildford Civic Hall gig on my Facebook page?