Saturday 14 March 2009

Saturday 14th March 2009

Much better day today - no adverse affects of any kind at all!

However, started the day with a phone call from the fraud department at my bank to tell me my debit card has been compromised. Some git paid for his car insurance (amongst other things) on my card yesterday. I'll get the money back, but in the meantime my Comic Relief donation was stopped and now I have to wait 7 days for a new card, followed by the hassle of changing the card details on all my purchasing websites (Amazon etc). Hassle I could do without!

What I can't understand is how stupid some people are. Ok so he's got my card details, but all that will happen is the bank goes to the car insurance company in question, tells them of the fraudulent transaction. They stop the insurance and send the police around to the insured address to nick the perpetrator. It's not rocket science! I just wish they'd bring back the stocks for minor but irritating crimes like this - chucking a load of rotten veg at some eejit who made your life difficult would certainly make one feel better, without doing anyone any long-term harm. I bet they would think twice before doing it again! However, bound to be some human rights law that says a criminal is not allowed to be humiliated or something like that! Booo!

Anyway, rant over!

See you tomorrow for what I hope will be another good day (but not tempting fate of course :)

Cheers,

Colin

No comments: