Monday 9 March 2009

Monday 9th March 2009

No stickiness so far today, but I have just had a couple of hours kip to sleep off a bit of a sickie feeling. I'm not sure this was necessarily to do with over-eating, but I also had a lot of abdominal pain at the same time, which will manifest in a bout of diarrhea no doubt later on (although nothing has materialised yet).

I have these supplement drinks which I am supposed to have each day - the recommendation is two a day, but I'm struggling to manage more than one. They come in two forms - a milkshake and a thick juice - both are high in calories, protein, carbs, vitamins and minerals. They taste ok to me, but they are the key factor in making me feel sick. I need to make each one last a long time, but this is really difficult. They seem to go down really easily, then suddenly I feel sick. I'm a bit worried that it has become psychological - I'm scared of them because I think they are going to make me sick, and lo and behold, they do. I'm persevering with one a day at the moment, and taking a Berocca tablet (multi-vitamin and minterals) as well which doesn't cause me to feel sick. However, the supplements have things in them which the Berocca doesn't (Vitamin A, D and K, Iron etc), so I would like to be able to manage two. I will discuss it with the dietitian when I speak to her in a couple of days.

So overall, I'm doing ok, but I'm spending most of my waking hours feeling a combination of hungry and sick! Not ideal, but again, I've felt worse in my life, just maybe not for quite as long a duration. It will get better. It WILL get better!

Cheers,

Colin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Colin - I agree with you IT WILL GET BETTER -- think positive!

keep your chin up ,you are doing really really well !
Peter

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin,
Persevere and improvements will come. And remember what W. C. Fields once said....
Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
jb

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin, agree it will get better! Keep experimenting with a new way of amounts / timing etc. I am sure the your stomach world is upside down and needs some time to right itself to a new normality but damn frustrating inbetween. take care. Alan