Sunday 29 March 2009

Sunday 29th March 2009

Sorry, the mammoth post on Friday took it out of me and I forgot to post yesterday! (I had visitors until the wee hours, so I was distracted - my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

Had a bit of a jam session in the lounge with friends Matt (guitar) and Paul (drums) yesterday, and as I can't see any gangs of neighbours gathering with flaming torches and pitchforks, it seems we didn't upset them too much. We're lucky here in that being at the end of a cul-de-sac, we don't have neighbours to the right or behind at all. To the left are good mates Ross & Jo, and opposite is quite a way. All the houses are well double glazed, so we were probably ok. Plus it was raining, so no open windows. We might make it a regular thing now, as I need to justify my investment in the new bass after all! :)

I had a couple of cocktails (grasshopper! ;) and a curry last night which was all good and I don't feel any ill effects this morning which is great. We spent the night last night trying to outdo Spotify with the most obscure songs we could think of. I think the result was about 50:50 - quite a few not on there, but some great discoveries too!

A parcel from the dietitian arrived yesterday, with 4 different kinds of different supplement drinks to try as an alternative to the ones I have at the moment which continue to make me feel sick. I've tried two of them so far and they seem to taste nicer and have not yet made me feel bad, so that is potential good news for the future.

Three of the 4 kinds are also in powder form (mix with milk) which means that the resulting drink is less thick, and more easy to consume. Added benefit of this might be when it comes to me travelling when I eventually start again - it will be easier to transport powder sachets than ready-mixed drinks, especially if I need to take any on a plane for example. However, that would still mean the challenge of getting the cabin crew to part with a large glass of milk when required!

On that front, British Midland announced on Friday that it will no longer be flying to London from Leeds/Bradford airport which might be a pain for me as I was a regular traveller on that service.

The alternative is Manchester which is not much further, but the journey to the airport is much more susceptible to delays which increases the stress level. Given the current financial circumstances, I guess I'll be travelling on the train or by car more in the future anyway, so this may not be too much of an issue. Still, travelling is still quite a way off I think (I need to get my diet fully under control before I can stray too far from the comfort of home), so I won't worry about it now.

Excellent start to the Formula 1 season this morning, and now I'm going to relax with the Boat Race, so toodle pip for now!

Cheers,

Colin.

No comments: