Sunday 4 October 2009

Sunday 4th October 2009

Wow! It seems my future hairstyle is a popular subject!

Mohican seems to be the order of the day, but I think I will go for something that covers all of my head in the short term as we move towards Winter. Had the gig last night with the New Originals and the aircon was right above the stage so I had to do the second half in a woolly hat!

Gig was ok - crowd were a bit lifeless - we got a few of them going towards the end, but most of them just wanted to chat to each other - who knows why they bothered booking a band, a string quartet would have been more suitable! Anyway, against all the odds we were treated pretty well last night - I think the hotel has been taken over which would explain a lot.

I was really tired yesterday which didn't help. I had to have a quick sleep in my car just before we went on stage just to get the energy together to do it. I was ok in the first set, but struggled a bit with the second. It might have something to do with having a flu jab yesterday morning.

I don't know if I mentioned that before, but I asked my team about the SwineFlu vaccine and I have been advised just to have the normal flu jab for now, which I had yesterday. Not sure what will happen regarding the SwineFlu vaccine now. I meant to ask yesterday but forgot. I'll give it a while and ask my GP.

I've got a big weekend ahead next week. I'll let you know after it happens just in case anything goes wrong, but I'm desperately hoping my energy levels perk up a bit as I've got a lot planned. Look forward to plenty of pics if it all comes off!

Otherwise not a lot to report. Lost at chess AGAIN the other day. I need to get practicing I think - anyone know any good online chess games?

See you later!

Colin

5 comments:

jbee68 said...

Great to hear the gig went well and you were treated okay. Good luck with what you have planned this coming weekend, sounds interesting. Saw Margie the other week and she sends good vibes and wishes.
I look forward to next weeks post to find out what it's all about.

Andy T said...

Can't believe I am a trend setter! Anyway hope everything you have planned for next weekend works out, video and pictures please.

dave jones said...

hi mate. advice will be to have the swine flu jab but it's not available yet. still a couple of weeks before the gp's get stocks in.

sad to miss the gig last night. quietest job ever at the moment but whatdoyaknow i'm on nights and none would swap :(

dave

dave jones said...

hi mate. advice will be to have the swine flu jab but it's not available yet. still a couple of weeks before the gp's get stocks in.

sad to miss the gig last night. quietest job ever at the moment but whatdoyaknow i'm on nights and none would swap :(

dave

Anonymous said...

Hi Col, dunno much bout jabs, but did have my flu jab last week too, first time ever...am I now officially old? Other symptoms of age showing through lately too but not to post on a blog :-)
Intrigued bout this weekend...wha u been up to??
Luv KTx