Saturday 24 October 2009

Saturday 24th October 2009

Hi Folks,

Thanks for all the messages of support over the last few days - very much appreciated as usual!

And good luck to Olivia who is running 10k tomorrow in support of Cancer Research - you go girl! (And enjoy the pub afterwards! :)

Abdominal pains are still there, but I think they are a little better - its difficult to tell, depends how much sitting up I do really. Still not sure if they are muscular or a symptom of the liver tumours. Still, they are not serious enough for pain killers yet, so I'm not too worried at this stage.

Otherwise I am certainly noticing that I am being sick more often now that I have finished the chemo, but it's usually to do with slightly overeating rather than nausea, although being sick does sometimes induce nausea for a while (I usually find that I am sick twice, and I feel nausea for about half an hour in between. Once I have been sick the second time, I feel better). It has become a bit routine now though, so it doesn't really bother me as long as I am at home - it's less pleasant when I'm out in public.

On a positive note, I'm starting to plan the next weekend away - the Top Gear show at the NEC on the 14th Nov. Hiring another nice car to get us down there (Audi R8), so I'm looking forward to that.

Nothing much else to add today, again thanks for the good wishes though ...

Cheers,

C x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the next weekend, you sure know how to do it! Dont think I've admired anyone the way I admire you Colin (enough of all that softie stuff now) xxxx KT

Anonymous said...

You are amazing Mr R....always said it! Love ya. Al.xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin - So sorry to hear the news. Know that you have an army pulling for you from across the pond and sending you our strongest good wishes and prayers. All the best, Tracy

Bill said...

Jeez Coll, I just heard the news. Been catching up on your blog. Thinking of you. Best wishes from the other side of the world