Tuesday 25 August 2009

Tuesday 25th August 2009

Hi All,

Just a quick one to say that I've had no recurrence of my eye distortion since Sunday which is good.

I got quite a few texts etc from people likening the symptoms to the onset of a migraine. I've never suffered from migraines thankfully, and I hope it is not going to start now!

Although I have been told that it is unlikely that this was connected to my chemo drugs at all, it seems there is a possible link between the Taxol drug and a slowing of the heart rate. This heart rate slowing can have an effect on vision apparently, and I had been lying on the sofa relaxing at the time, so that may have contributed.

Still - seems it is nothing to worry about anyway, so hopefully just a one-off.

Otherwise, leg pains are clearing up as usual, and no other issues to report, so on we go! :)

Cheers,

C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin, just remembered that I had exactly the same vision distortion when I was on chemo. Also, I was lying down in bed at the time. It only lasted about an hour and I've never had it since. Hope this puts your mind at rest. My docs couldn't offer any explanation for it. Lots of love, A & A xx