Sunday 23 August 2009

Sunday 23rd August 2009

Something very odd is going on at the moment. Over the last hour or so, my peripheral vision has started to be affected. I've got a kind of swirling going on to the left of my vision, and a general distortion overall. Not something I've ever experienced before.

I'm hoping that it will pass - it's annoying, but not affecting my balance or anything like that so far.

I'm going to go and have a sleep and see if that helps, but it's most bizarre!

Otherwise, just the usual from this chemo cycle - I'm getting the aching legs although not too badly. The painkillers I have help that, although they may be what's contributing to the eye distortion - they do cause me to feel a bit woozy (although the last one I had was last night, so it would be odd). Come to think of it though, I have reported woozy spells in the first week of the cycles before if I remember, so I guess that this is just an extension of that - and now I am sitting up in a darkened room doing the blog it does seem to be clearing up a little.

How odd!

Anyway - a good day for Spurs again today with a third win out of three, so I'm in a good mood. It seems that England also won something at some other much more dull sport. I suppose we're going to have to endure days of celebrations now - mainly everybody celebrating that this boring series of timewasting is finally over! :)

Not much else to report this week - moving into my risk week next week, so I'll be back in hibernation mode for a while. Still, its raining again here, so I don't think I'll be missing too much nice weather!

See you later!

Colin.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Col,
Football...never did really get it...Spurs sounds like sommat more than to make animals move... soz, but re-football - why dont they give all the players a ball each, then they wouldn't have to fight over the one??? huh?
Thinking bout yer. KT xx

Bulletproof Whelk said...

Does sounds odd chap, what are the painkillers?

Kelly Sayers said...

Hay Col,

You have exactly described what happens to my vision about 20-40 minutes before I get a migraine - not sure whether that is one of the potential side effects but the only way I can get rid of the "Kaleidoscope" vision is lying down in a dark room.

Take care.

Kelly