Saturday 15 August 2009

Saturday 15th August 2009

Still nothing to report on the illness front - all going well if a little short on energy as usual.

Just had a nice day out at the Keighley & Worth Valley Railway - old steam railway running through Howarth (home of the Bronte sisters) - with Rich and family and Andy C who I
haven't seen for about three years so that was nice!


This may be the locomotive used in a recent hair product commercial - "don't break up with your hair" - I'm sure that was number 80002. Don't ask me how I remember that!


Oooh - could be the Railway Children all over again. Bring on Jenny Agutter! Actually, the Railway Children (or the "Railroad Children" as American Linda recently referred to it apparently :) was filmed on this line.

In other news, I am both proud and somewhat gutted to hear of yet another drummer I have been in a band with going on to bigger and [possibly] better things. First there was my first band after moving to Manchester - "The Elysian Fields" - drummer, one Andy Treacey, who has graduated from damp, smelly North Manchester reheasal rooms (anyone remember "Red House"?) and now plays full time for Faithless, whilst filling the gaps with the likes of Robbie Williams, Dido and Bono!

Now I have been contacted by my old friend Chris from 25 years ago who found me on Google and tells me that the drummer from my first ever band "Shotgun Wedding", Ivan Gazidis, is now CEO of Arsenal FC! What a bloody insult - of all the teams to pick, he has to go to Arsenal! (spit). Amazing to see his photo on the net though - he looks somewhat different from the days of playing at Sale Youth Club!

Chris, for your amusement, here is a pic of the '67 Fender Telecaster (on the left) you bought from me for £250 which I guess is worth a few grand now!


Finally, I've moved into the 21st century and got a webcam and a Skype account, so anyone who fancies a video chat drop me a line and we can set one up!

Cheers,

C.

p.s. Dave, sorry I didn't wish you speedy recovery from your Pig Sickness, but I didn't know you had it! Hope you had a good time in Ko Samui!

3 comments:

TheyWhelkAmongUs said...

It was great to see you. I hope you weren't too worn out by the days activities. Kates questioning about your hair will stay with me forever! I'll post the photos when I get chance. Keep smiling. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

good luck for the results on tuesday with love alison

Ray said...

Best of luck tomorrow, Col.