Saturday 8 August 2009

Saturday 8th August 2009

Chemo Cycle 2 Day 20

Sorry again for the lack of posts - I was convinced I did one on Wednesday but it seems not!

Much better week this one than last - I've had loads more energy (on a relative scale of course), so I've been out and about a bit more and seen a few people which has been nice.

I had my scan yesterday which went the same as usual - an hour of drinking pernod-flavoured water then the warm flush from the injection, then in and out of the doughnut a couple of times, then "off you go"! The only difference is that the chemo seems to have thinned my blood a bit this time so I made a bit of a mess when the put the needle in - lots of squirting of blood. Nice! :)

No hint as to the results, so I have to wait until a week on Tuesday (the 18th) as expected. No worries. I won't think about it until then, but I do hope for some good news for a change!

Been out to a barbeque today, where I met the Stig from Top Gear. Seriously! I obviously can't tell you anything as I am sworn to top secrecy, suffice to say that it is not Michael Schumacher! Nice bloke though, and not what I would have expected. I should have asked him if he has an "I am the Stig" T-shirt - that would be funny. And by the way, no I can't get any tickets for Top Gear ...

I actually know someone in Norway called Stig. Cool name!

Good to see the footie season starting again after such a long break (not). Premier league starts next week so we'll see if Peter Crouch can make a difference for Spurs this season. Hopefully no more relegation scares this year!

Rest week this week as my oncologist is on vacation, but I'll hopefully post once or twice to show that I'm still here!

Anyway, enough babble for now - have a good rest of the weekend and a pleasant week to come,

Cheers,

Col.


3 comments:

Colin number 2!! said...

You met the Stig!! ;o)

Thanks for coming over to the party and thanks for the present(s). Really looking forward to it whenever I get it sorted.

paul said...

hi colin,chin up mate,really wishing you a speedy recovery and back on the bass...oh and id challenge you to a wii go kart race anyday next time were at colins:-)take care

Stig said...

Hi Colin,

What an honor to be mentioned in your blog!

Been thinking much about you lately, as the annual & infamous NOVUG shrimpfest in Oslo is approaching fast. Irish Carbombs won't be the same without you.

Hang in there, mate -I am saving you a seat for next year's event.

Cheers from The Stig (real name) in Norway