Tuesday 18 August 2009

Tuesday 18th August 2009

Chemo Cycle 3 Day 1

As you can see from the above, I've had some good news! The chemo has shown signs of success, and this means that I am going on to have two further cycles of treatment.

The CT scan has shown that the lung tumours have all shrunk a certain amount, as has one on the chest (which I didn't know about).

As usual, there is a mixed story though - in the liver, some tumours have shrunk, some have died completely it seems, but there is some evidence of some new tumours as well.

Overall good news and my oncologist is happy. For me, it is just good that I am having the further treatment and I hope this goes equally as well.

The big question is still what happens after I finish the last cycle. Sometimes the chemo keeps the cancer at bay for a while - the timeframe is variable - and sometimes the cancer just starts to grow back. With my cancer being so rare and having shown signs of being so aggressive, my oncologist just doesn't know the answer to this question so it will be another "wait and see". However, it is good that I am still on "active" treatment at the moment, and now that the tumours have responded, there may be more options going forward. That said, we just don't know, but one step at a time and this is a good step for a change!

Absolutely exhausted at the moment after a long day at the ozzy, so I'm going to have a lie down, but generally a good day today!

Cheers,

C.

5 comments:

abw said...

Yay! : )

Love Barb and Al...and Whammo!

Andy T said...

Great news, crossing everything does work!

Keep the updates coming.

Andy T(2nd week in Cornwall)

Krishna said...

FAB news!!! That's brilliant!!

Love from the Soppy Southerners, K,A,S,N xxxx

Anonymous said...

Phew, now I can start uncrossing various body parts! Lots of love from more 'soft southerners' Annie & David x

Anonymous said...

Great news Col, and to celebrate I posted something funny to facebook that will make you laugh - dont get any ideas though!!!!

Flo
xxx