Thursday 17 September 2009

Thursday 17th September 2009

Chemo Cycle 4 Day 11

Right on track I've hit the wall a bit over the last couple of days. Today I feel really mentally and physically drained all of a sudden. It's amazing how quickly it happens.

I'm really struggling with anything which requires any concentration. I've started playing chess with my neighbour, Ross, and I'm getting whipped at the moment. I used to be pretty good a chess years ago, but I just can't stop making stupid mistakes at the moment due to lack of concentration. I'll keep going, and hopefully I may be able to get back into the game once I'm back into my recovery period!

I had my swirly eyes again on Monday night. Exactly the same symptoms as last time and lasted the same amount of time. It hasn't happened since, so it must just be a side-effect of the chemo.

I'm actually struggling to write this at the moment. I'll try and do another post later this week, but now I think I need to go and lie down for a bit. It's proving to be a hard day! :(

Cheers,

C x

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Colin, really sorry to hear you are under the weather and resorting to chess! I was back at the SU last weekend for a sabbatical reunion and a couple of people told me about your blog so I thought I'd look you up. Funny being back in the SU, I hadn't been there since the night of the last Holy Durex gig - not too surprising given the punch up court case (aquitted!) etc. Spoilt an other wise good evening, got me thinking about you, I think rememberin the testimonies I was dressed as king Authur, can't remember what you were wearing?

Anyway hope you are feeling better than when yo put up the last post. Do it the French way and get in touch. Jeff

deley said...

oh happy days.... or is that daze?