Saturday 12 September 2009

Saturday 12th September 2009

Hi All,

I've had a really good couple of days - as usual sunshine helps, but I've also had good energy levels and a good appetite.

I braved the Trafford Centre, and had a great trip. I borrowed an electric scooter and had a ball. Unfortunately not fast enough for any wheelies or drifting, but faster than walking and a hoot careering around display racks in department stores.

I managed to get everything I wanted, and I certainly wouldn't have been able to manage carting it
all around without the benefit of the scooter, so I'll definitely be using the service again.

It's actually a great feeling to have some clothes that fit. I'm surprised how enlightening it feels to feel normal again instead of constantly being reminded of being ill by dragging around in clothes several sizes too big.

I have to say though, with the bald head and the slim new look, I keep likening myself to Kif from Futurama, although hopefully I won't be going green any time soon!

What do you think ladies?? :) (Actually, Kif gets the best looking girl in Futurama, so I guess there is hope - even though she is from Mars!)

I've just said goodbye to another guitar - that's two more since the double bass. This one didn't do so well in the auction and I lost considerable money, but at least I've made some space! Two more guitars and some amplifiers etc to go now, plus a few other bits and pieces, so slow but steady progress!

I've been making a list today of things to do for fun. I fancy doing some more aerobatics - I've been up a couple of times being flown in loops and spins and had a great time, so I'm thinking of another trip. Maybe a hot air balloon ride too as I've never done that. I'm off Segway riding in a couple of weeks (those two-wheeled things which seem to balance against all the odds. I rode one in Barcelona in 2007, but only on flat surfaces - this time we're going rallying which should be fun - hopefully I've got the stamina required!

I tried to have a drink last night. Whilst I was at the Trafford Centre, I invested in an expensive bottle of Tanquaray Ten gin (my favourite pre-Cancer) to try out a gin and tonic or two. I had a double last night, but as usual the after affect was not to make me feel in any way tipsy, just to knock the energy out of me. I was desperately short of breath for a few minutes after going up the stairs to bed. It really stinks - I'm not sure I want to get drunk, but I could do with gaining the easy calories that booze usually provides, and this is just not doing the trick! I will keep trying occasionally though. Tonight maybe a nice creamy cocktail like a Grasshopper!

Rehearsal with the band tomorrow for the first time in ages - I hope the energy levels keep up. I think they should because the slump doesn't usually start until about the middle of week two so I should be ok. Main issue this weekend will be leg aches, but tramadol is keeping those in track at the moment.

Time to enjoy the sunshine (from the relative safety of the house mind you!)

Cheers,

C x

5 comments:

jbee68 said...

Great to hear you're doing well, ref ballooning I have a friend who owns/flies one, albeit 'darn souwf'. Let me know if you want me to put you in contact with him. Adam F at HP is a pilot and may know someone who will make it happen.

Andy T said...

Red tunic is OK but I would give matching White boots and gloves a miss. Weren't the Segueys in Vienna not Barcelona?

Krishna said...

Hi Colin,
I am glad you are feeling better and your trip out on the scooter sounds like fun! I can't imagine you looking like Kif, if you do then the other customers in the shopping centre, probably thought they were seeing things with you careering around the place!

Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.
Kx

Anonymous said...

I dunno about kif... I wanna be bender....

bender is my absolute hero....!

Anonymous said...

I dunno about kif... I wanna be bender....

bender is my absolute hero....!