Sunday 5 July 2009

Sunday 5th July 2009

Chemo Cycle 1 Day 7

First week down and feeling ok still. I've had another good day with reasonable energy and no nausea/sickness. Aching legs seem to have subsided too and I've hardly noticed it today.

Only slight area of change hes been feeling rather fuller for longer after eating. This was a problem whilst I was on the Haloperidol, but the Metoclopramide helps flush the food out quicker and since I switched back to that drug I've had less discomfort. I've just noticed today that the sensation has lasted longer after each meal which is a pain. It means I need to stay sat up for longer to help the food go down, when I'm craving lying down to rest for a bit (if I'm lying down the food doesn't go down and the problem gets worse). Not serious, just a bit annoying.

I've got two more days on reduced dose of the steroids then they stop until the next cycle. I like the feeling of energy they give, so I'm not looking forward to coming off them, but we'll see how it goes. I've also only got three more days of the Etoposide chemo tablet to take before the end of the ten day treatment cycle. After that I will be just down to the Metoclopramide anti-emetic and the Nystan mouth solution that I am having as a preventitive for the possible return of the mouth ulcers.

Still probably a week or two before the Etoposide causes my hair to start coming out. I'll probably shave it off anyway as soon as there is any sign of hairloss, so that I don't have to watch clumps of it drop out.

Good to see Ali and Anne today for a catch up, but now I'm going into hibernation for the next week until the wedding on Saturday so I don't catch any lurgy.

I probably won't post everyday in the meantime unless I have anything specific develop, but we'll see how bored I get in my self-inflicted house-arrest!

Cheers for now,

Col x

No comments: