Saturday 4 July 2009

Saturday 4th July 2009

Chemo Cycle 1 day 6

Hi All,

I've had an odd day today. I've actually felt really good and quite full of energy, but I've struggled to find any direction to focus that energy. I've actually felt a little like a bored kid most of the day. I spent most of the day feeling like I should be doing something, but nothing I thought of interested me in the slightest - I really haven't felt like that for a long time!

I watched the tennis, nipped out for a Subway and had someone round to collect a load of old books from me, but otherwise I've done nothing useful with my day and I feel a little frustrated.

I didn't sleep well last night due to my aching joints, and eventually got up about 5am and found some Tramadol painkillers which finally did the trick. They also made me drowsy which helped me get a bit of sleep, but I woke up in a bit of a daze which has probably contributed to my odd day.

I'm going to take one now before bed, so hopefully it will allow me better sleep and will wear off before morning, but we'll see what happens. I'm not sure Tramadol is the right thing to be taking for this, but Nurofen and Paracetamol made no difference, and I don't have anything else in. If the aches haven't gone away by Monday I'll get in touch with the GP, but for now it can't hurt.

Let's see what tomorrow brings ...

Cheers,

C x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Energy and not sure where to focus it, pretty much describes me quite a bit of the time. Not sure this helps your situation and it's great to hear Col has energy.
As SW19 is about to end, ITV4 are covering the Tour de France that started yesterday - with Bradley Wiggins coming home 3rd in the time trial (get in there)
Decided on V8, V10 or car club?
TTFN
jb