Wednesday 2 December 2009

Wednesday 2nd December 2009

Hi Folks,

How time flies at the moment. No sooner have I made a blog post than I am suddenly overdue for my next - sorry if I worry you with my absence, but thanks also for those reminders!

Quite a tough week with lack of energy - I'm losing the desire to get out and about so much and am preferring to rest at home as much as I can. I did get out last Friday to meet some mates I used to work with, and it was great to see everyone again, but tinged with a bit of sadness that it would usually be our annual drinking reunion, and I was unable to partake and could only last about an hour and a half.

I also decided earlier in the week that I was no longer up for doing the gig on Saturday, so got my stand-in to play instead. I had planned to go over and see the first part of the show, but again I felt too tired to go out twice in a row, so I ended up staying in. Although I clearly wasn't up to the gig, it is a big shame because that probably sees the end of my gigging days, and after nearly 30 years, that is quite a wrench. However, it has definitely got to the point where the early start, late finish, humping of gear, strain of the gig itself and the associated waiting around has surpassed the fun factor that I used to get, so I guess now is the right time to pack it in. Maybe I'll be able to do one farewell gig at some point - we'll see.

On the health front, not much changes - I had my second session of acupuncture and the jury is still out. I think it would be easier to tell if I was having it for pain relief as the effects would be more obvious, but for nausea and breathlessness its much harder to spot any immediate benefit. I'll keep going though, in the interests of experimentation if nothing else.

On a reduced dose of the steroids now, so I'm not getting much benefit from them, and I'm not sure the effects of the Citalopram anti-depressants have kicked in yet (although some of the side effects like involuntary leg movements have). I'm told it takes a few weeks, but that's three weeks now with no discernible difference - again, I'll have to wait and see.

Other news is that I got my blue disabled badge today, so I am officially disabled and allowed to park for up to 3 hours on double yellow lines, as well as get free parking at lots of places like hospitals etc. I'm thinking of getting the Ferrari in a couple of weeks time if I feel up to it, and I plan to have fun parking it in disabled bays and waiting for people to start having a go at me until I show them my badge! Who says us disabled folks can't have fun? :)

Anyway, that's it for now - need to get back to the sofa for a rest.

As usual I will make a feeble and hollow promise to be more active on the blog in future, but if I fail it is because I have either little to say or little energy to say it, so bear with me :)

Cheers,

Col x

12 comments:

Krishna said...

A Ferarri with a disabled badge, that I gotta see! ;o)

Kxx

abw said...

It should be fun seeing the evil hairy eyeball stares that you'll get for parking in a disabled spot with a Ferrari. Have fun whipping out the disabled badge and then sticking out your tongue at the nosy rosies! :P

Here is a virtual hug and snog! :)

Barbxx

P.S. Reading your bit about your band made me think of the movie School of Rock with Jack Black. Have you seen it? I never get tired of watching that movie.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you on Friday Col, shame it couldn't be longer that evening. Managed to get a curry in the end, creatures of habit....

Keep your spirits up and piss people off in that Ferarri !

Al

CrouchingTigerHiddenWhelk said...

Disabled badge on a Ferrari! Yeah man. Oh please, you gotta take some pics of that. Hope to be oop north later this month, have to come and scrounge a bovril!

ooh matron said...

We had great fun parking the turbo charged custard in the disabled bays at supermarkets when I had my knee op last year.....lots of filthy looks until I hobbled out the passenger seat on crutches! I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you park the Ferrari on double yellows, the looks you get will be legendary!
Give the Citalopram a chance it can take up to 4 weeks to start working; if it's not improving your mood after that, go back to your GP and get another antidepressant prescribed - so endeth the nursing lecture for today.
Take care
Lots of love Annie xxx

Anonymous said...

hi col jen here so sorry not to see you at the gig last sat it wes a good party. am sure you will play another gig soon hope i will be there keep positive love jen

Paul Downing said...

Having parked said Ferrari and completed the entertaining dialogue with local authority peaked-cap-wearer, please please please get the tape (as big brother will surely be watchng!) and put it on You Tube!

Alan said...

Good to read you back on the blog. Ferrari with the badge, brilliant, make sure the stereo is on full blast for full attention getting. Someone please video. Take care. A&A

Anonymous said...

Hi Colin
We are concerned at lack of news after 2.Dec. Hope you didn't pile-up the Ferrari or worse by far, fail to make the trip.

Alan & Sheila.

jbee68 said...

Happy Birthday matey

Hunty said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday I think , from a very cold Hamburg, there is a lot of people missing you here!!

Hunty said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday I think , from a very cold Hamburg, there is a lot of people missing you here!!