Sunday 22 November 2009

Sunday 22nd November 2009

What can I say? Spurs beat Wigan today NINE - ONE!! It doesn't get better than that (except if it was Arsenal, Man Utd or Chelsea of course :) Well done chaps - RESULT!

I had my first experience of acupuncture on Thursday - I had needles in my left shoulder, the front of my neck and in each wrist and hand. The arm ones were for the nausea and the shoulder/neck ones for breathlessness. The needles are extremely fine - like a human hair really - so didn't hurt at all and didn't cause any bleeding, just a slight sensation when they went in.

I'm not sure I noticed any immediate change, but I will be having about six sessions, and the effects get more lasting the more sessions you have, so we'll see how things progress.

The steroids are still doing a good job. I'm still short of energy, but I'm able to get up the stairs without necessarily needing a rest at the top. However, I'm in the middle of the course now, so soon I will have to go back to normal, and at that point we can really see if the acupuncture is helping.

I've got a gig next weekend which I'm a little worried about. This might have to be my last, we'll see how it goes, but my strength is definitely waning, and there will become a point when I just don't enjoy it any more due to the effort involved. The gig is in a pub in Didsbury, so hopefully it might at least be ground floor which would help. It's not somewhere we've played before though so I'll have to wait and see.

Not much else to report this week. Just had a nice weekend with my brother and his girlfriend up here for a visit, and now looking forward to Top Gear and Match of the day (nine - one! Can you believe it!!?).

Speak soon whenever I've got something to say!

In the meantime, thanks as usual for all the emails texts and blog comments - I really do appreciate it!

Cheers,

Col x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Col, left you a vm but not sure whether you are using your hp phone now or hp email. Chris said he will pick you up this Friday at 5.15 to 5.30.

See you Friday, Al.

burnalanbexley said...

Hi Colin
At last I have learned how to comment on your Blogs after months of following your progress with admiration and amzement at your fortitude and optimism. Congratulations!
Sheila and I join in sending love.

AXB said...

Well done you at Spurs, but I look forward to seeing you at Old Trafford on 1st.

Just bought Daniel (my eldest) Scalextric for his birthday (honest it is for him). It is superb, you are more than welcome to a race when you are next in Wales.

Sorry I keep missing you on my travels over the Pennines, what number should I call? I will continue trying, you don't get rid of me that quickly!!

Anonymous said...

R8s and F430 are surely fine trophies, but come on Colin why don't you 'ave a go in a Robin just like the TG galavanters? Fun trying to keep it on the road and seeing everyone looking at you as if your Mr Bean's [mad] brother.
Talking of which, my brother got polio when he was 9 months old in 1950. Lived with a calliper for 14 yrs but thanks to a terrific swimming instructor at secondary school (or was it grammar in those days), he took confidence in himself, won swimming cups for the school and never looked back. He won his childhood school girlfriend's hand in marriage they're still together today. What's that go to do with Robins, I can hear you say? Well 'cos of his leg that was his 1st car !!. After a nasty accident with his Honda 125, he gave up the bikes and bought a Reliant 850 -- even before Robins existed. He sometimes took me to school in it. I was too young them to drive, but i tell you my memories of it was the smiles we had leaving corsairs and cortinas behind at the lights. They bloody shift you know, wobbly but shift they do.
He's had Dafs, Cortinas and even has a Beemer 330 to scorce the road. But his smile is wider when we talk about the Reliant.

Tell us about your first bike, car, truck or whatever.

Funny you mention going to Scarborough in that R8. It took me back. Although I've lived now in France since 1983, I can NEVER forget Scarborough. Mum and Dad took us there every year for 5yrs running. Peasholm Park and its maritime battle stunned me, the artifical ski slope way ahead of its time; who in England thought about going skiing in 1965 ???
N & S Beaches, fish & chips, vinegered fingers from eating mussels, whelks and cockles, the smell of gingerbread and sweetmeat coming from the Pier at night. Penny arcades where we spent hours playing with that damn crane tryign to win the goodies. Never did. I always remeber going out to sea in one of the pleasure boats, I can't remember their names, does anybody? My Dad's old cine films will have those. I must try to get them transferred to DVD one of these days, pb is they are all so old now, and he glued a lot together.
I've never been back since, not sure I ever will things are never the same
When you go again, don't forget to
to bring me a stick of rock ! I'll pop over to see you and collect it next time I go up to Yorkshire to see Mum & Dad in Rotherham.

Weer tha tekin Ferrari then?

See ya
Ian B