Monday 14 December 2009

Monday 14th December 2009

Hi again,

I should have posted yesterday really, as it was my birthday (46!), but I had a bit of a low energy day again and spent most of the day in bed, and what was left of it firmly glued to the sofa.

It's been mostly the same since my last post really - my only time out of the house was the weekly visit to the hospice on Thursday.

I did have some good news whilst I was there though - I had a blood test last week to check for a few things, particularly dehydration as I am unable to drink much at the moment. The results show that I am not dehydrated and nor am I showing any signs of anemia which is all good. There are a couple of results called "tumour markers". I'm not sure what they mean, but one is up on last time and one is down. I'm seeing my oncologist again tomorrow, so we should get some answers from her.

I didn't go for the Ferrari this weekend after all, as I wasn't sure I felt up to making the most of it, and instead I planned for this coming weekend. Unfortunately the forecast is for snow and ice in parts over the weekend, so this might not be an ideal weekend either. We'll see

So that's about it for now. I'll have more to say after tomorrow's oncologist appointment and my GP appointment on Wednesday, so I'll post an update then.

Cheers,

C x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us all updated Colin, especially when you are feeling so tired. Good luck with the appointments over the next couple of days and keep your chin up mate. Jamie & Aaron.