Friday 25 December 2009

Christmas Day 2009 (Just)

Happy Christmas Everybody!

Hope you've had a great one?

We had a fantastic Crimbo Dinner thanks to Vanda. I contributed by carving the turkey breast, but that was the extent of my efforts and I'm very grateful to Van for producing such a nice spread.

I couldn't eat a whole lot, but I ate more than usual, and enough not to leave me feeling disappointed so that was great. I've also managed about two glasses of bubbles today, which is more alcohol than I've had for a long time - a special bottle of American Sonoma Valley Methode Champenoise from 1985 which I've been saving since about 1999, very tasty - some of the older Mercury folks might remember the trip up to the Sonoma Valley we took during a sales conference in San Francisco back in the days when we were given time off to take trips during the training schedule!

Anyway, thanks everybody for your Christmas wishes and calls, and I hope to see some of you soon!

Have a lovely relaxing Boxing Day, and I'll try to be in touch again soon!

Cheers

C x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Colin. Love to you both. Jamie & Aaron. x

jbee68 said...

Merry Chrimbo Col, good to see you got a Christmas Day post in and managed a decent meal with hooch!

Have a great new year.

abw said...

Geezarama! Wish I had the will power to keep a bottle of champagne in the house for 10+ years!

It was great skyping with you and Vanda yesterday!

Love to you both!

Barb