Sunday 17 May 2009

Sunday 17th May 2009

Hi Folks,

Still a fairly similar story this week, although the bouts of nausea are manageable. I've been fine today, but yesterday I tried a small amount of one of my supplement drinks in the morning, and I ended up feeling sick most of the day. Once I've triggered it, it's hard to get back in balance again.

As I say, today has been good though. I had a couple of folks here for another music session, and now I'm absolutely knackered, but that I can handle much better than sickness!

Thanks Barb for the tip on ginger - I've actually been drinking ginger beer for some time now, and other ginger-related products (!) and I think they do sometimes help, but generally I find the only cure is to go to bed for a while. Unfortunately, that usually results in me not eating for too long and ending up with a combination of hunger and sickness - needing to eat, but not wanting to!

I've now got my surgeons appointment booked for the 24th June. Further out than I wanted, but I couldn't make the original appointment, so we'll have to make do. I'm not quite sure what will come of it anyway, but it's a date to work towards nonetheless.

Watched a video of the old band on tour last night - the long-lost and recently resurfaced "Jazzumentary" as it was affectionately titled. I think it was from the late 90's when we supported the Australian Doors Show on one of their national tours. We all had lithe bodies and too much hair in those days! Still, a great reminder of great times - the classic "back of a transit van on the M1" tour, trying desperately to get drunk on the 3.0% proof Heineken that we were given each night (we did manage quite well on some nights, to which the video is testament!) - especially mirthful was the night at a friend's flat in Liverpool after the Royal Court gig, where we watch Helen the drummer drink a pint of wine down in one (after much encouragement from the rest of us of course), then as expected, rapidly deteriorate to one stage beyond comatose, but with hilarious interludes on her way down! Ha ha - too funny!

Time for a last bite to eat, then an early night to recover methinks!

Bye.

2 comments:

Mrs Jones said...

It strikes me that any kind of surgical fiddling around in the stomach region leaves the recipient feeling various degrees of nausea for a very long time afterwards. I know my surgery was a mere bagatelle compared with yours but, even so, I still find myself having to take deep breaths to dispel the nausea several times a week, and this is 2.5 yrs after my problems! If it's the supplements making you feel sick, can you not just stop having them?

Anonymous said...

Are you going to transfer the Jazzumentary to DVD? It must be preserved. If not, I have a video capture card.